A depressed Italian designer, killers looking for him, and a Berlin artist: Those are the protagonists of the new movie by Robyn Rosenkrantz und Michael Glover.
Two years ago, we interviewed them for Go with Le Flo, now they’re back in Berlin with Mr. Rudolpho’s Jubilee: The artists Robyn Rosenkrantz und Michael Glover, who produce movies together and make music as Bright Blue Gorilla. The world premiere of their latest movie will take place at Babylon on 28 January. The screening will be accompanied by a Bright Blue Gorilla concert and a Q&A with the actors.
The plot: The Italian fashion designer Mr. Rudolpho is rich, popular, and depressed. For months, he’s been planning his suicide. Ironically, the CEO of the fashion company has also hired killers: Dead icons are just too profitable. All come together at Fashion Week in Berlin. After a series of events, Mr. Rudolpho meets the Boheems, off-the-grid artists, and stays with them. And maybe he’ll find the love of his life there…
Francesco Mazzini and Christiane Paul play the protagonists Rudolpho and Anja in this comedy/romance. The German star won the International Emmy Award as Best Actress in November. The movie makers Robyn and Michael play the Greek chorus.
Mr. Rudolpho’s Jubilee was filmed in Berlin, Milan, and Tuscany. Almost 300 people from 36 countries were involved in the shooting. The movie is in German, English, and Italian with German and English subtitles.
Concerts and Movie Screenings of Bright Blue Gorilla in Berlin
- 22 January, 3pm: Concert at Bluebird Cafe Berlin
- 28 January, noon: Interview at RadioEins with Knut Elstermann
- 28 January, 7.30pm: World Premiere of Mr. Rudolpho‘s Jubilee, concert and Q&A with the actors anchored by Knut Elstermann at Babylon
- 30 January-2 February, 7.30pm: Movie screenings of Mr. Rudolpho‘s Jubilee, short concert, and Q&A at Babylon
- 7 February: Movie screening of Mr. Rudolpho‘s Jubilee and short concert at Il Kino
Written by Kathrin Hoffmann